30 December 2010
Student participating in the contest
The winners of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) video contest for students have been announced on 24 December 2010.
UN Resident Coordinator in Georgia Mr. Jamie McGoldrick presented certificates and awards to the winners.
The contest was launched late in October by the UN office (UNO) Tbilisi. Students from the six Georgian universities participated in the competition.
The contest aims to empower emerging journalists by providing them an opportunity to showcase their talent by portraying the MDGs in the most creative way. Every participant submitted a 2-minute maximum video in length that revolved around any of the MDGs.
The winning videos were chosen by a panel of United Nations representatives and external partners.
The winners from this contest, who will receive a cash prize of $700 are:
1. Teona Kobuladze - Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University
2. Shorena Kopaleishvili - Georgian Institute of Public Affairs
3. Nino Samniashvili - The Georgian-British University of International Law and Management
4. Lika Zakashvili - Georgian Institute of Public Affairs
5. Zurab Vardiashvili - Tbilisi State University.